With that aromatic whiff of flavourful spices and the mouth-watering anticipation of a delicious meal, Basmati rice recipes are some of the best listings on the home menu. Here are 4 amazing basmati steamed rice recipes that you and your family will relish for sure:
For all of you who believe “simple is better”, here’s one of the simplest and most delicious basmati rice recipes to bolster your opinion.
- Heat a pressure cooker and add 1 tablespoon of Ghee/Butter as per choice.
- Add ½ tablespoon cumin seeds, some cardamom and clove to the cooker.
- Add 1 cup of Everyday Basmati Rice for a decent serving of 2 people and 1 cup of water to the cooker. Close the lid and cook up to 3-4 whistles.
- Take the lid off and serve the basmati jeera rice with a gravy of your liking.
A must-have for most Indian kitchens, Mutter Pulao is one of the best basmati rice recipes that go seamlessly with almost all recipes.
- Saute a handful of cashew nuts in 1 tablespoon of Ghee until they turn golden brown. Set this aside.
- Saute cumin, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves in the same pan until the cumins turn brown.
- Add 1 crudely chopped onion and saute it till it turns golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste to the pan and saute until it is well-fried.
- Add ½ cup peas and 1 cup rice with 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker and cook up to 1-2 whistles. We don’t want to overcook the rice and have them stuck together.
- You can serve this basmati rice pulao hot with a gravy of your choice.
Basmati rice Biryani is an easy recipe that can literally leave people awe-struck with its perfect blend of flavours and spices!
- Soak 1 cup of Classic Biryani Basmati Rice in water for half an hour.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a pressure cooker, (you can add olive oil for a healthy option, but why compromise with taste when you are making one of the most regal basmati rice recipes).
- Add flavourful spices like bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and star anise. Saute these with 1 crudely chopped onion and 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Add red chilli powder, tomatoes, and salt as per choice to the cooker along with a few spoons of yogurt and biryani masala.
- Add drained rice to this and adequate water (1 cup water for 1 cup rice) and cook for up to 1-2 whistles.
- You can add marinated and cooked chicken or boiled eggs or else serve the basmati rice biryani as it is with Raita!
Lemon Rice is essentially a South Indian Basmati steamed rice recipe that is flavourful and healthy. Arguably one of the most delicious ways of getting in some Vitamin C!
- Saute chana dal and urad dal in oil until they turn brown
- Add turmeric, salt and cumin seeds to the pan and saute further.
- Add 1 cup of Everyday Basmati Rice and 1 cup of water to the pan and mix the ingredients well.
- Squeeze 2-3 lemons and remove the seeds. Add this to the cooker and pressure cook all the contents for up to 2 whistles.
- You can garnish this basmati rice recipe with roasted peanuts and serve hot!
Go ahead and relish these basmati rice recipes with your family and friends.