The GST Return is essential for any business. Without the returns, the business can’t stay on the track in paying tax liabilities. Paying the GST Returns online is an easy task for most tax professionals like the Chartered Accountants and the Tax consultants in India. With their expertise, we often outsource the job of Tax return filing to such professionals. But if you are interested in checking the GST Return Filing status online, how would you do that?
Well, the GST portal has all of the features needed for easy return filing and status checking. If you are willing to check the status of your GST Return filings, you should head to the GST portal. In this post, we will share the detailed information on how to check the GST Return Filing Online status with ease. Follow the steps mentioned in this post and check the filled status of your GST returns.
How to Check GST Return Filing Status
There are three ways to check GST Return filing status. The First way is via ARN or the Application Reference Number, Second is the filing period sorting, and the third is the Filing status-wise checking. In this section, we will check all of the ways to check GST Return status.
- First of all, you have to visit the GST portal at www.gst.gov.in.
- On the site, log in with your valid credentials.
- After successful login, navigate to “Services >> Returns >> Track Return Status” to get all of the status checking options.
Check Status via ARN
The ARN or the Application Reference Number is provided after the successful filing of the GST return. You can use this ARN to check the status.
- As you are already on the “Track Return Status” page, click on the “ARN” radio button.
- Now, enter the Application Reference Number received after the successful filing of the return. You can ask for the same from your tax professional, filling the return on your behalf.
- After that, click on the “Search” button, and you’ll get to see the Status of GST Return.
Check Status via Filing Period
If you don’t have the ARN handy, then you can check all of the returns filed in a certain period. Here is how you can do the same.
- Click on the “Return Filing Period” radio button to select the return filing period wise sorting.
- After that, select the return submission dates. Click on “Search” to see all of the filed Return Status in the selected period.
- Once you click on the Search button, it will show you all of the returns with exact status.
Sort All Returns Status-wise
If you want to check all of the returns with a specific status, you can easily do so. Here is the exact way to check all of the filed returns based on the status.
- First of all, click on the “Status” radio button and then select the Status Type. There are various status types available in the dropdown list.
- After that, click on the “Search” button, and then you will see all of the GST returns with select status.
Finding and sorting the GST Returns online is easy. The lack of knowledge about the procedure is holding people back from checking the GST Return Filing status online. In this post, we shared the exact methods to check the GST Return filing status. All you have to do is follow these methods and get the status of your recent GST return filing.