Ayurvedic healing, also known as Ayurveda, has long been used to treat many illnesses. Ayurveda involves a holistic approach to making the body free from any impurities that may build-up due to improper diet, smoking, drinking, and stress.
Ayurveda practitioners believe that all diseases that a person may have are a result of an imbalance in the mind, body, and spirit of an individual.
Lifestyle interventions such as cleansing the body of toxins, using herbal oil in diets, nourishing your body with ayurvedic ghee, and maintaining good eating are part of the preventive and therapeutic approaches that ayurvedic healing offers.
One illness that can be treated by ayurvedic healing is uterine fibroids. Any Ayurveda shop may sell ghee that can be incorporated as part of any ayurvedic healing.
What Are Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are benign tumors occurring to most women during their reproductive age. Signs and symptoms may begin after the menopausal stage. This medical condition can be considered as non-threatening, however, the symptoms are what make women fringe.
There have been several medical and surgical procedures to overcome the common symptoms of fibroids. However, not all women are attuned and open to the idea of surgery. Aside from the said procedures being too costly, there is still a possibility that the tumors would still grow back.
This is where the area of natural cures and remedies such as ayurvedic healing comes in. Ayurvedic treatment focuses on cleansing the body of toxins to create a clean gut. Once the gut has been cleansed, the body can begin healing itself.
Imbalanced Hormone Levels
One of the main culprits in the development of uterine fibroids is the imbalance of estrogen and progesterone hormones in the body. Stress in everyday activities can be one crucial factor that increases the severity of fibroids’ symptoms.
Managing stress and taking precautions would alleviate the complications coming from fibroids. There are wide arrays of medications available that can help address any hormonal imbalance, however, since fibroids are a condition, not a disease, it would be best to choose the ayurvedic approach of balancing the hormones.
Take a look at a few suggestions and procedures aimed at making these hormones balanced:
- Observe a fiber-rich diet. Focusing on what we put into our bodies is important. Most women who are fond of eating fats and carbohydrates tend to be more susceptible to fibroids occurrence. Fiber-enriched foods will facilitate the decrease of excess estrogen in the body. Focus on beans, greens, and legumes, and you are good to go. Your diet should also contain the following:
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables such as bok choy, cabbage, and broccoli help detoxify the liver. When cooking these vegetables, do not overcook them to retain their nutrients.
- Vitamin E: Foods that are high in Vitamin E such as almonds, cod liver oil, and hazelnuts also help in preventing fibroids. You may also purchase ready-made Ayurvedic ghee from any Ayurveda shop. This ghee is made with all the right nutrients that your body needs during your ayurvedic treatment of fibroids.
- Stay away from Xenohormones. These hormones, also known as endocrine disruptors, are human-made chemicals. Most women are exposed to such hormones from the use of sanitary hygiene products and being exposed to pesticides that are sold at stores. By using organic products, you can stay away from these harmful xenohormones.
Indulge in Fertility Massage
This procedure enhances the body’s blood circulation eventually lessening the severity of heavy bleeding and pelvic and abdominal pains. It is known to be a cost-effective way to eliminate fertility issues. There are wide choices of instructional materials illustrating the different fertility massages which can be conducted at the comforts of your homes.
Ingesting Natural Food Supplements
Fruits hand-picked from your backyard are true sources of important nutrients and hormones. The following are for your consideration:
- Chaste Tree: known to suppress the overproduction of estrogen in the body. Sufficient intake of such has good manifestations on alleviating some of the menstrual symptoms of uterine fibroids such as irritability and bloating.
- Red raspberry: can help improve one’s menstrual flow, and smoothens and decreases the linings in the uterus. It also has anti-nausea benefits, antioxidant properties, and normalizes blood sugar levels.
Ayurvedic approaches in treating uterine fibroids have been documented in studies and have proven to be successful. Since uterine fibroids are caused mainly by the imbalances of hormones, the ayurvedic approach of cleansing the body, in the beginning, will purge the body of toxins and stress that may cause the imbalance.
Furthermore, the maintenance of a healthy diet which includes ayurvedic ghee that you can purchase from any Ayurveda shop will ensure that your body will have a balanced diet.