The market is flooded with all kinds of inverter batteries across a variety of ranges and budgets, which can get confusing for consumers. Therefore, it’s important to have some level of know-how about inverter batteries to make better decisions when it comes to investing in one. Plus, finding out which is the best inverter battery for your home is subjective because we all have different needs and requirements, and a battery that’s good for someone else might not be the best choice for you.
So, if you are looking for an inverter battery for your home backup system, then this guide will help you understand the kind of batteries that you can purchase and also list a few products that you may find interesting for your inverter unit.
The kind of battery that you should go for depends on two factors:
- The duration and frequency of power cuts in your area
- The amount of backup time and battery capacity you need
Whatever battery you choose should address these two concerns, so it’s important that you don’t just buy a battery because it worked perfectly for your neighbor or friend. As we said, it should address your unique situation.
So, depending on your situation, you can choose one of the following three battery types available in the market:
- GEL Batteries: These are a bit on the expensive side; however, they are environment-friendly, come with zero spillage risk, and require zero maintenance while having great service lives. Plus, thanks to the minimal risk of harmful gas and fume emissions, the batteries are great for homes with kids and the elderly.
- Tubular Batteries: These batteries are great for areas with longer power cuts. Additionally, they are ideal for handling heavier loads, so you can easily run heavy-load equipment off them.
- Flat Plate Batteries: These are highly cost-effective batteries perfect for areas with frequent power cuts of shorter durations, and their compact size makes them a great fit for smaller homes with space constraints.
The best inverter battery is one that comes within budget and effectively solves your unique requirements, so always chooses a battery based on that. Now that you have a fair bit of idea about the type of batteries that are available in the market, let’s look at 3 batteries from each of the categories that are the absolute best in its class:
Luminous Gel Battery – IGSTJ18000
This is a 12V GEL battery with a 48-month warranty and uses the latest technology that guarantees up to 20% more power. The battery offers up to 3 hours of backup time and requires zero maintenance over the course of its life. If you are looking for a great quality inverter battery with exceptional power backup and longer life, then you can get this battery for just ₹25,100.
Luminous Tall Tubular Battery 220 Ah – ILTT26060
If you live in an area plagued with long and frequent power cuts and prefer a battery that’s powerful and can handle heavier loads for a long duration, the 220 Ah, 12V, ILTT26060 is available for ₹29,300, ,587. Even better, it comes with a 60-month warranty and has 30% more acid volume per ampere hour compared to other tubular batteries.
Luminous Flat-Plate Battery 150 Ah – IL18030FP
Priced at ₹16,100 , this 150 Ah flat-plate battery belongs to Luminous’ renowned Inverlast series and comes with a robust design and superior charge acceptance. It offers a great service life and is perfect for areas with frequent power cuts, and the best part is that the battery comes factory-charged and ready to be deployed out-of-the-box.
Luminous is a market leader in the home power backup category, and they have been at the forefront of engineering some of the best inverter batteries in the market. So, if you want to buy a lasting battery with superior capabilities, then don’t forget to check out Luminous’ impressive lineup of batteries across the GEL, Tubular, and Flat Plate technologies right away!