A lot of people tend to think that their professional achievements alone can accelerate their career growth. What they don’t know is that no matter how highly qualified they are, they will, at the end of the day, need other characteristics to transform their career. You might think your CEH certification will make you respected at your work, which it will without a doubt, but if you are someone who is late to work every day and who doesn’t get the work done in the allotted time, then you will find yourself losing the grip on success. So, without any more delay, read these small, healthy habits that can help you build a healthy career one day at a time.
These small habits can do big things for your career
- Being on time: Discipline is very important in our lives. Whether you are coming into work or calling it a day, being on time can make or break your impression. In fact, it’s not just about how you appear to others when you stay disciplined. Sticking to your timelines and incorporating punctuality in your life changes the way you treat and see yourself professionally.
- Reading every day: Making a habit of reading something every day, whether it is a book, a piece of news, or an article related to your field, can do big things for your career. Successful people read a lot because it is one of the best ways they can learn without investing much of their resources. If you are working in offensive cybersecurity, then your ethical hacking training will only take you so far. After a while, you will have to learn on your own by reading things, watching tutorials, or just taking part in conversations around your industry.
- Dressing sharply: The way you dress sets an image about you in people’s minds. You can’t put a finger on it but people end up labeling you as approachable, reserved, friendly, casual, or dependable based on your attire alone. It may seem like a trivial thing, however, it is going to work wonders for you if you do it right. Make sure you are dressed formally and appropriately for your job every day.
- Keeping your phone away: When you are at work, keep your phone away. If you can’t do that, then make sure your notifications are on silent and your phone only rings when somebody is calling you. It’s important to cut out distractions to be able to focus on work efficiently. While you’re doing this, also make sure that you don’t open your social media accounts while at work because these are the things that eat up most of your time without your knowledge and end up delaying your work and wasting your time that you could have used more productively.
- Making a to-do list: Every morning when you reach your office, the first thing you should do is make your to-do list for the day. It’s a very simple thing and will only take five minutes of your time, but it can have an amazing impact on your productivity. Make sure you break down your tasks in sizable chunks spread out throughout the day and don’t forget to allocate enough time for short breaks in between. When you have a clear-cut blueprint of your day in front of you then it’s 10 times easier to stay on track and get things done.
It doesn’t matter how you have been in the past, every day is a new day to start afresh. So, forget the last hour and forget yesterday. Pick yourself up again and work on these things from this moment right here.